Friday, July 2, 2021

The story is out there.

gday gentle reader 

I've been experiment with Twitter and story telling but except for the briefest flash fictions, the medium sucks. My much published (online an in print by Antipodean SF) 500 word story "Trojans" took 12 post and had to be massaged, not just to fit, but for each tweet to end on a cliff-hanger so readers would return.

In my considered opinion nobody, not even my 5 Followers, read it. So now I tweet links to stories.

I'm preparing an anthology, titled Colony Worlds, (a theme I like) all Honorable (USA spelling as per certificate) Mentions I've received from my submissions to  


I'll begin with the first 2 chapters of The Descent of the Kestrel now up on my website https://www.rob.bleckly.com, with more chapters and further stories to come. Why 2 Chapters? It's told from two alternating POV's (points of view). Constructive Criticism is always welcome, no story is ever so finished it can't be improved.

 The Descent of the Kestrel 

9,300 words written 2011 won me an HM in the 3rd quarter 2017 exactly 20 years after my first HM in the 3rd quarter 1997.

In between I wrote the oft mentioned still unpublished 600,000-word trilogy which obviously improved my skills because 20 years on the competition quality is a lot stiffer, the award categories expanded, and an HM is no longer a finalist.

The story is a prequel, the first of five set in my trilogy world "The Restoration Legends."

Doing this now was promoted by my latest HM, the fourth in a row, which means my Silver Honorable Mention and the Semi-Finalist can be left out of the anthology. As posted earlier these two form the opening and concluding parts of a Novel (yet another colony world) It's the sagging middle part that needs work.

until my next post (might post about why I like writing colony worlds)

ooroo Rob



No comments:

Post a Comment